Joshua Tree Airbnb
I can’t imagine doing life without my husband and son – best travelers I know…
After months of working on The Gypsy Wagon (airbnb in Joshua Tree) the trio heads to Joshua Tree to enjoy the wagon without any sort of work agenda. As we pull up, it’s pretty cool to see her in her full element, and November Joshua Tree weather – the best!
My son could have thrown rocks outside all day and explored the vast desert playground. Shea and I enjoyed an early morning hike, pretending that we were in a different world and finding treasures around every corner 😉 Traveling with him is pretty great
Although there was no work agenda, Brendan loves tinkering and so he enjoyed seeing what could be fixed on our airbnb alternative home (I can’t say I mind that; on the contrary, pretty grateful for my handy and willing husband)
I enjoyed watching the smiles and laughter happening, in the wagon (Joshua Tree Rental) that I had put so much time and passion into creating. (of course while sipping on a cup of tea; would have been whiskey if I weren’t pregnant 😉
We lived, and explored our surroundings; Check out the video below and when you find yourself at the Gypsy Wagon, make sure to check out some of my suggestions 😉
FOOD & COFFEE
- Natural Sisters Cafe – Yummy vegetarian food!
- Crossroads Cafe and Tavern – Café – sandwiches, smoothies and chil
- Pie for the People – New York style pizza, and it doesn’t hurt that they have a BYOB policy – walk across the street to the liquor store and bring it in 😉
- Country Kitchen – Known for their breakfast and TV food host, Anthony Bourdain deemed it worthy
- Joshua Tree Coffee Company – Really good and strong coffee – a bit hidden but once you find it, you’ll be step into a cool little community with Yoga and outdoor living to enjoy
- 29 Palms Inn – If your a foodie, this is your spot. Live music on the weekends and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to make reservations 😉
- Frontier – Coffee Shop in Yucca Valley by the antique shops
THINGS TO DO in joshua tree
- Joshua Tree National Park: The west entrance is the closest entrance to The Gypsy Wagon. The address above is to the Visitor center – they have good handouts and rangers handy to tell you of good hikes and such. Below is a good link to Maps (entrances, hikes, campgrounds, etc)
- Noah Purifoy : You’ve never been to a museum like this one – an outdoor interactive Museum spanning over acres. Feels like you have stumbled upon a deserted town whose brains worked very interestingly – only 5 minutes from The Gypsy Wagon and defiantly worth checking out!
- Integratron : Incredible space for sound baths! They aren’t open every day, so check their website for availability.
- Boulder Gardens : Private donation based natural gardens, pool and more. Their generous hearts welcome anyone passing through 😉 You can picnic, visit, enjoy drum circles at the full moons, and contribute in many ways to this little corner of paradise.
- Pioneertown: Pioneertown was created as a filmset by Hollywood Investors. Explore the history and some shops are open on the weekends.
- Pappy and Harriet’s : Experience the legendary music venue that’s become an Indie Rock favorite. The venue also offers an organic menu cooked on their outdoor grill.
- The End – Antique store with fun treasures
- Indigotopia – Soundbaths + tea and music – 213-308-8100 email@example.com
- Stater Bros: Grocery Store
- High Desert Medical Center :Hospital
- Indian Cove Market: store and they sell firewood